The best translation teams utilize a present-day Translation Management System, or TMS, to assist them in their translation projects. A translation management system is a program that supports the complex translation process while making it possible for multi-person teams to work together on different functions, thus allowing for a streamlined translation process.
An effective TMS is one which allows for translation memory management and stores a database of frequently used terms, phrases and fragments. Translation Management Systems should allow for the management of many document formats, communication between project collaborators and the publishing of translated content to the content home (your website in this case).
The Benefits Of A TMS Include:
• Decreased amount of content that requires re-translation, resulting in faster translations.
• Savings of up to 40% (20% average) in translation costs.
• Seamless collaboration between project contributors.
• More consistent and higher quality translations.
• Overall streamlined process from beginning to end
If you have a large translation project ahead of you, having a team of professionals with the right tools and resources is the only sure way to simplify and complete your translations with the highest quality and assurance.